Saturday 17 September 2011

Blown Away!

I've been completely blown away today by the generosity and thoughtfulness of one of my lovely bloggy friends.

I was waiting for a wee bit more fabric from Susan (Miss September), after I slightly messed up her Brit Bee Blocks.

When I saw the large parcel at the front door today I thought 'that's a bit big for 2 wee strips of fabric'!

I eagerly tore through the brown paper wrapping to find lots of lovely goodies - I was speechless!

Of course the fabric I was waiting for was there, as was 2 more Bee Blessed blocks and my PIF (Pay it Forward) gift.


A crocheted purse.  I can't tell you how adorably soft this is AND it's fabric lined - exquisite!
Then I opened this fun kids monkey quilt top, all pieced and ready to be quilted and bound (binding also provided!).  Susan is very kindly donating this to Bee Blessed - what a woman!!


The monkeys on the fabric reminded me of the toy sock monkeys that were the rage a while ago - here's one my daughter made out of a pair of her socks last year!

Isn't he cute!
At then, I came to a really heavy shoe box, and guess what was inside?

Mmmmm! Delicious!
That's right, a bucket load of delicious choc chip cookies!! I can honestly say I've never received a shoe box of cookies in the post before!  

Susan - you are a legend!  No wonder you were anxiously asking me yesterday had the post arrived!!

I haven't stopped smiling all day!  Thank you just doesn't seem to cover this, but I hope my friend Susan knows that she is v.much treasured by me (& many others) and she has truly touched my heart with her friendship, thoughtfulness and personality. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

15 comments:

  1. Susan is amazing! We love her! What an amazing goodie bag of lovelies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great parcel! Susan is so nice and it's just the pick-me-up you need after a busy week...enjoy the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a goody! wow! Has she been baking then! Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think you're BOTH fantastic :-) And I bet those cookies are too.... drool...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great parcel to find on the doorstep! I am doubting those cookies will last long, they look very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what a fantastic box of goodies. We all love Susan and this has just shown how generous she is: how lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, what a lovely percel, perfect for a rainy day pick me up (at least I'm assuming you're getting the rain there too!). Now how many of those cookies did you go through watching the rugby this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Susan is indeed a super duper lady and we're all so lucky to have her running in and out of our lives. You're a lucky girl being her PIF partner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a package! Susan is the best plus so much fun too! And those cookies look amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing package! Yummy Cookies and fabric goodness! That purse is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic package to receive!! Wow. Love that little purse. The blocks, the monkey quilt and esp the cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness me! Blushing here. Just glad you liked the parcel Judith. I wanted your PIF to be things that you wouldn't (generally) be doing yourself and baking fell into that category. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I join the Susan Appreciation Society too? (But don't tell her!).

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweetie Susan is! How lovely to get baking as well as everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa! Susan has outdone herself, if that's possible. I mean she really upped the ante with the licky pole, but those cookies take the cake.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo