Friday 19 August 2011

Hello again!

Hi everyone!

I'm back from the wonderful & rugged S.E. coast of N.I.  And I'm pleased to report that the sun shone (most days) and we had v.little rain - hooray!

That meant lots of time spent on 'our' beach, which is the stoney, rock-pool exploring, beach combing type of beach - the kids spent hours on it.

I did manage to get some sewing done too, and surprisingly a lot of hexie hand sewing & crocheting in the evenings (pics to follow shortly).

I'm slowly but surely catching up with everyone in blog/flickr-land.  Thanks to everyone who left comments on my pre-programmed posts (relieved it actually worked!).  Sorry if I haven't managed to reply to all of them (there were 56 in my Inbox!).

In the meantime, I'll bore you with some inspirational pics from our forest walk - I see patchwork patterns everywhere!









Hope you all had a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Cool photos! It looks very pretty and very different there. Glad you had nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely - those hexie stones are brilliant!

    Nice to have you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. its amazing where you can find quilting inspiration! looks like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! Looks like a lovely place to have a holiday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a gorgeous holiday spot and I love the hexagonal stepping stones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! holiday looks fab, and I look forward to seeing all that hand stitched progress.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had such a great holiday. You will be all refreshed and ready to go with your new classes then. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh great pics, whereabouts were you? Must put on the holiday destination list for next summer! Glad you're back :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo